Friday, October 13, 2006

Northern logging road


Northern logging road
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
After a rest day on Sunday I decided to head out on the holiday Monday for a ride in the Gatineaus. I was well aware that - with such nice weather - the southern end of the park would be overrun with leaf peepers so instead I made the long drive up to the northern end of the park and went riding on the abandoned logging roads that weave through the park. I met no one all day!

This photo is of a handy sign posted on an abandoned logging road which reminds me that I am on a two way abandoned road. Its always wise to stay to the right on abandoned roads in case you come across a deer, moose or bear heading in the opposite direction. Hate to have a head on collision as animals never use their turn signals properly and it would be tough to check for their insurance forms.

No comments: