Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Iroquois


Iroquois
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
After we summited Algonquin, I headed over to Iroquois while Mike enjoyed the views and took pictures(He's already been to Iroquois before). He sent me this great shot from the Algonquin summit. You can see two little specks on the far summit. One is me while the other is the summit cairn. The trail over to Iroquois is a lot of fun with lots of little rock scrambles. I was lucky today as parts of it pass through some very wet boggy areas but the mud was a little thicker then usual thanks to the cold. It would still have been deep and muddy had I stepped in the wrong places but I was able to look for slightly more solid areas in the mud to step in rather then sinking to my knees. The return trek to Algonquin is.... ummm, somewhat less fun as the climb back up is pretty steep but it has to be done so onward I went.

No comments: