Thursday, October 12, 2006

Lower Ausable


Lower Ausable
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
After returning over Colvin and Blake I decided to descend down to the Fishhawk cliffs and Indian Head. They are nice promintories that stick out over Lower Ausable lake. It was a beautiful fall day by this point and there was (again) a big crowd on the summit of Indian Head. I took a moment to click some pics and eat a small snack before heading down the Lake road to the car. The crowds were returning from all the various trails and a long string of groups could be seen on the Lake road out to the Ausable club. A lot of happy hikers.

When I got back to my car there was a huge number of parked cars along the highway. Close to a mile (on both sides) of the road was lined. This didn't bode well for me finding accomadations. The two state parks were full, motels were full and I decided there would be no point checking on South Meadow. As a result of the large crowds I decided to head for home rather then spend another night in the truck. It had been two great days of hiking so I was only a little disappointed - besides the two hikes had taken there toll on me so a rest day was welcomed.

No comments: