Sunday, October 01, 2006

Burma road


burma
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
Unfortunately had to work on Saturday so I ended up staying in town this weekend. Saturday was a glorious fall day (I spent it closely analyzing a pair of concrete columns :( ) while Sunday was rainy and wet. In the end I went to the Gatineau for a run along Burma. Not sure why it is but the fall colours always look more impressive on a rainy day. Perhaps the stark contrast to the grey skies? At any rate the run was punctuated by lots of stops to take pictures along the way. Not too many people up in the park but I did run into a few diehards.

Most of the media reports on this years fall colours are saying that it will be a bust of a season. Too cold, too wet, too windy means the best colours will be lacking. From this photo you can see how terrible the colours are ;-) . Why anyone would bother to go outside and look at the foliage is beyond me ;-) I sometimes wonder why we listen to our modern media at all.... With the next few months going to be monochromatic in nature with the snowy landscape one would be well served to get out for a little overstimulation from the fall colours.

No comments: