Wednesday, October 25, 2006

17th hole


17th hole
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
Found this shot while I scanning through this seasons hiking photos. It was taken as I walked across the Ausable club to the hiker entrance to start my walk last weekend. I like the way the band of early morning sunlight cuts across the mountain above the club seperating the fall (below) from the winter above. Winter seems to be creeping down the mountain towards the clubhouse and the golfcourse. The sunlight is holding strong for now but it's fleeting and will soon fade. While it might hold off the encroaching snows for a while, soon enough winter will press down the mountain. I think its time for me to start getting ready for those coming snows and therefore its perhaps time to put away my summer hiking gear, clean up my bike and pull out my skis. Its been a good summer but its time to move on.

No comments: