Saturday, April 11, 2009

Signs of spring


Signs of spring
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Took another ski today. Thanks to tips from several other internet trail reporters I decided to wait until things warmed up a little letting the track soften up a bit. Got to P10 around noon and skied out to the trail 24 junction. Conditions were pretty good all the way with the snow providing enough texture to get a decent edge. A couple of thin spots here and there (including a nice "F1 style" gravel trap starting to open up at the bottom of the Khyber pass) but I didn't have to take my skis off except as I went past the Brule and Huron lookouts. It was a bit windy to find somewhere to sit and take full advantage of the sun today but the skiing was fine. Things were opening up a bit on my ski back so the season is clearly wrapping up. Another day or two and then who knows. Last time I "called it" we got 4 or 5 inches of fresh snow... Any chance the weather gods are listening again with another trick up their sleeve?

No comments: