Wednesday, April 01, 2009

No foolin'

Went for a ski this morning… and it was actually quite nice. I also had a nice ski last night. Between the two outings I probably skied on roughly 30km of trails and only really had to “portage” twice over some exposed mud and no more than a few steps at that. Last Sunday’s rain smoothed everything out (and probably helped melt some of it away) but there is still lots of good snow to be had. Should be able to get some skiing in this weekend although at this time of the year you can never be too sure. As I pulled out from home this morning a bold red sun was rising in the east. That’s bad news for sailors but as a skier I was undeterred. Before I got up to the park the clouds had rolled over so in fact the trails were a little icy(no warm morning sun to soften the tracks). That said the trails weren’t too badly rutted and skiing was fast and easy. Once again I was alone on the trails with one other skier starting out as I arrived back at the lot. Quite a difference from Saturday’s crowd scene at P10 with an overflowing lot but of course that's to be expected. I also met some Demsis staff (at least I hope that’s who it was ;-) removing the trail fee pay box… so I guess I can leave my ski pass at home from now on. Nothing better than free skiing…

2 comments:

Michael said...

Which Parking lot do you recommend?

Kenmore said...

after todays experience... I recommend P10. P12 would also be a nice choice... but only if the snow has softened up.