Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wattsford lookout


Wattsford lookout
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
Finally, winter has arrived… and I don’t see it leaving in two days with another warm front and rain. We got the first big dump of snow of the season. Looks pretty good for Decem… oops, January 15th. I headed up pretty late (~ 9pm) to check it out. I wasn’t going to go up at all as I had two long ski days on the weekend and needed some rest but the call of fresh snow was too strong to resist. That and it’s supposed to be –25C Tuesday night so I might not venture out then. The snow was groomed up, soft but fun. I did a short ski. Climbed up penguin to Wattsford lookout and took in the city. Grabbed this shot from the lookout. The orange glow from the city, accentuated by the fresh falling snow is a special view – glad I took the time to come up. After that a quick race down Penguin and home to bed. There’ll be skiing this year…. finally.

3 comments:

Tripper said...

This picture reminds me of a Blue Öyster Cult song. Awesome shot Kenmore!

Anonymous said...

OK so this is only vaguely on topic but do you think the ice on meech lake would be frozen enough for a skate to kerry cache??

Kenmore said...

Sorry, anonymous - I wouldn't think it would be a very good skate. There has been a lot of snow AS the water was freezing. I haven't seen Meech lake but I skied by Lac Phillipe today. It was well buried in snow with only a few spots of bumpy ice where the wind had blown the snow off. Also, we've only had a few really cold days (today being one) so I'm not sure how thick the ice would be. Beware the thin ice....