Saturday, January 20, 2007

P16 - Headin' home


P16
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
Twas cold out today but the snow was good for the most part. I skied from P16 out to the Lac Phillipe gate and back. A long way but there are only 3 weeks to CSM so I've got to start stretching out the distance. For the most part the track was in great shape. There were a few spots where gravel edged its way through the snow but the rest was pretty free skiing. Lots of people out today despite the -25C wind chill. I guess folks have been eager to ski for a while now.

Friday night I went for a skate on the parkway. What a difference it makes to be skiing on actual snow... instead of the frozen, textured ice we've had up till now. It was hard work!! I guess the icy tracks we've had up till now gave me a false sense of my potential speed. I also dusted off my good skating skiis, which I hoped would help increase my speed. No dice. I may be a little heavy for the camber on these babies yet... just a pound or two hopefully ;-). I'm not sure but perhaps the summers beer and fries might have had a negative impact on my skiis?? Noooo, couldn't be. Maybe I'll give that some thought over a beer tonight.

No comments: