Sunday, January 28, 2007

Taylor Lake


Taylor Lake
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
Another great weekend of skiing. It was again a little cold with windchills dipping into the -20C to -25C range but for the most part in the woods it was a beautiful couple of days. I got a late start both days as I wanted to watch some of the Rolex 24hrs race in Daytona but once on the trails I enjoyed pretty good snow and it was none too busy. It's surprising how little snow we actually have and every now and then you are reminded of this with a protruding rock or some gravel. I toured the Lac Phillipe sector today and did an enjoyable loop out behind Taylor lake and then down along the main Lake itself. Took this shot near the yurt on Taylor lake. With a perfectly good trail along the shore line, somebody's always got to be an individualist.

Time to start tapering for CSM. Not sure what's going to become of that. I had already planned a shortened tour as I don't feel I've gotten the miles in... but I notice tonight that they've revamped the entire course to deal with the shortage of snow... so I'll have to rethink my strategy. Looks to me like they designed a bit of a small loop which you do a few laps of (for 70k each day).... maybe not the fun I was looking for when I signed up. We'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are there any spots on this small loop where one could start a small fire and sit with some brown pops and do some spectating??

Kenmore said...

Sorry to say I don't think spectating will be possible. On the old CSM route you could easily follow the course and find some spots to spectate where the trail crosses roads. This year the "small loop" is all within the Kenauk reserve - no access for non-participants. Check out http://www.csm-mcs.com/ for more details.

Unknown said...

it's 37C in Melbourne! all that snow looks refreshing. i walk around with a frozen bottle of water.