Sunday, January 14, 2007

Brule lookout


Brule lookout
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
Not much skiing since the last entry. The rains washed the snow back to a sheet of ice. Last weekend I debated going for a hike on the parkway with my crampons but decided against it. We finally got some cold temps and a little snow so I'm back in business with some sub-par skiing. There is enough snow to cover the parkway although the pesky ice peeks through in a few spots. I did a long classic ski today (gotta get the miles in) and for the most part it was okay. Wanted to continue out towards McKinstry and the firetower but Lafleur hasn't groomed that section so I had to stick to the Parkway. Not complaining tho' - You can see in this photo that there's no snow at all down in the valley so I'll take what I can get. At the midpoint of my ski I enjoyed the sun setting and still made it back to P6 before complete darkness. The days are starting to noticeably get longer now. While the days get longer it looks like winter is just around the corner (no really! this time for sure!!) with colder air and more calls for snow next week. Better late then never I suppose.

1 comment:

. said...

congratulations, this blog is very good !!!