Saturday, September 23, 2006

First day of autumn


Meech Lake
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
The forecast looked pretty wet this weekend so I didn't make any big plans. By midday Saturday it wasn't raining and looked pretty calm so I decided to grab my canoe gear, go pick up my boat and head up to the park for a paddle. It turned out to be a wise choice. It didn't rain a drop while I paddled around Meech lake. There was next to no wind and the canoe seemed to skim across the water with little or no effort. Okay there was some effort as my hands blistered up nicely from the paddle but it felt good regardless.

Things were pretty quiet up in the park. A few people on their cottage docks, one or two mountain bikers and a few people fishing. I guess the rest of the crowds followed the weatherman's advice and stayed indoors.... a mistake I won't make anytime soon. The loons are still around as well. I guess they head off a little later in the fall.

No comments: