Saturday, September 16, 2006

Big Slide


Big slide
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
I came down with a wicked cold after last weekends hike to Big Slide in the Adirondacks. Missed a couple days work and am only now finally downloading my pictures. Big Slide was a nice hike. Did it with my friend Pete - who hasn't been down to the 'daks in quite a few years. It was a bit hazy in the valley but the trail goes up across three lesser peaks with lots of open ridgeline walking so it made for a nice outing. Unfortunately, just as we got to the summit - like inside of ten minutes! - groups of people also started to arrive. I counted about 12 people all told! Having seen 2 people all day this was a bit overwhelming. Ah well, I guess the outside world finds you no matter where you go for some solitude. Headed down the mountain and filled up my water bottle at JBL before making the walk out to the car. A great day on the trail (except for the summit :( ).

No comments: