Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Skiing
I've been remiss in my ski posts over the Christmas season but rest assured, I've been out there in spite of some less than ideal conditions. Seems we're caught up in a "thermometric" roller coaster ride with rainy, spring days followed by cold, windy weather... and then back to warm rain... repeat, repeat, repeat. Fortunately we were blessed with plenty of early (Christmas?) snow so the base is holding up nicely. The sun even came out on Christmas day which was a nice treat although it was pretty cool out. As I enjoyed my Christmas ski I think I saw Santa (white beard, red cap and some nice Fischers) skiing on the parkway - perhaps a cool down session after his big night? I didn't get any pictures as I was speeding down Black Lake hill and he was climbing up it. I did think maybe I should stop and chase after him for a photo op but I figured if he can circumnavigate the globe in one night... what chance do I have chasing him UP Black Lake hill.

Today I started on the Parkway and then headed up to Ridge road to do some trail skiing but Demsis hadn't been in the woods with the groomers as yet and the trails are littered with branch debris from yesterdays big wind storm. I didn't ski long in the woods before heading back to the Parkways which were nicely prepped for some fast skiing. Some more snow tonight and a pass with the groomers should get things in good shape for New Years Day skiing. … Unless we get more rain :( Fingers crossed!

Best to all for Holiday season and happy trails in the New Year.

No comments: