Friday, April 11, 2008

Morning sunrise


Morning sunrise
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Got back to skiing this morning. Did a nice loop out of Asticou and up to the junction (photo is from last week). Conditions were good with fresh grooming in the skating lane. It was good to get back on the skis. My leg is healing up slower than I originally expected but doesn't bother me when I skate so that's what I'll do. Interestingly I've developed some spectacular bruising on my leg (almost a week after the fall?!). I now have a patch that is 12 shades of violet decorating my leg.... sort of nice in the current absence of spring flowers.

The snow in town is disappearing rapidly - much faster than I expected but the trails (compacted all season) are still in excellent shape - no bare spots anywhere. They soften up a lot during the warm days but if you time it right in the morning they are hard and fast. As long as they keep grooming the snow periodically the skiing should be good for another couple of weeks. Snow called for today and tonight! Could be mixed with some rain but the new snow mixed with the old could make for some good skiing on the weekend. That said it looks like our great run of sunny, warm weekends is about to draw to a close with gray sky's for the next two days. Ah, well... April skiing - Take what you can get.

No comments: