Wednesday, April 23, 2008

End of the road


End of the road
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Went for a ski this morning. Probably the last one of the season barring any Calgaryesque snowstorm that might come our way. I skied from P10 up to Shilly Shally(pictured) under sunny skies and +12C. I had to walk a couple of stretches but none were overly long. Only saw one other skier although tracks in the snow suggest that a few other people are still skiing. Where there is snow its pretty deep (up to a foot in spots) but its also pretty dirty making for less than ideal glide. Harder and harder to find significant stretches of snow to make it worthwhile to go back. It’s been an exceptional winter and unlike years past I don’t feel any strong desire to stretch the season to the last crumb of snow. I “cost-averaged” my ski pass to something like $1.20 per ski. Not that that was my goal but it represents a lot of skiing this year. I think I’ll clean up my skis tonight and start to pack them away. Time to think of my bike and make plans for some summer climbing…. But I may leave one pair of skis by the door – just in case.

No comments: