Sunday, April 06, 2008

Another sunny weekend


Phillippe cabin
Originally uploaded by kenmores
We have had an amazing run of beautiful weekends. I don't think I've seen a single cloud on a Saturday or Sunday since the big snowstorm at the beginning of March. Just pure blue skies which makes for some great skiing weather. This weekend things are getting pretty warm (+10C). I guess mother nature is trying to get things back on schedule and melt up all of the snow... but she's got some work ahead of her. Despite warm days and occasional rainy weekdays, there is still a solid base for skiing. Saturday I did a classic ski along the Pine road and then headed up to Lusk Lake. The trails were perfectly groomed and I practically had the place to myself. As the day wore on the trails started to soften a bit but not too badly and never to a mushy consistency (lots of frozen base beneath the top wet layer).

Sadly I took a bit of a crash coming down the back way from Lusk lake and managed to yank my leg in odd directions. Made for a slow painful ski out and I'll be off the trails for a few days to heal up those muscles that were pulled in ways they are not meant to go... but there should still be snow for a while so I'll be back up there as soon as I can. Save me a spot on a sunny bench!

4 comments:

Michael said...

By back way do you mean back down the same trail or down the lusk cave trail?

GO SENS GO!!

Kenmore said...

I mean by the Lusk cave trail. And, in the spirit of the season, I got a "lower body injury" for my troubles...

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken,

I've been enjoying your blog. I laughed when I saw your Easterns' photos. We must have been standing right beside each other and neither of us said hello! And so I still can't put a face to your name. I always think of you as the 6 lake tour winner! Anyway, great blog, great photos!

Jo-Ann

Kenmore said...

Hi Jo-Ann;
Indeed odd that we didn't cross paths at Easterns.. I guess we were both pretty focused on the action on the trails. Surprised I haven't seen you in the Park but I guess we ski at different times (me mostly after work)... Surely we'll cross paths at some point. Keep up the great photoblog - I'm a regular follower there for sure.