Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunny bench


Sunny bench
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
Today was quite a contrast to yesterdays icy storms. The clouds blew though and I (finally) got a beautiful blue bird sky with warm temps (+1C). Lafleur de la Capitale was heroic in their efforts to groom up the frozen crust from yesterdays rain and the trails were a perfect corduroy.

I did a Tour du Lac up at St Cecile end of the Park visiting Lusk, Taylor, Phillipe and Mousseau lakes along with a few other puddles in between. The skiing was gorgeous and I took plenty of time to enjoy as many sunny spots as I could. The bench pictured is always a favourite to stop at and enjoy the spring sunshine. Almost makes me glad that spring is arriving.... alas along with the warmer days go the gently melting snows. The track was mostly a nice snowy trail but it did start to soften up where the direct sun sat on it all day. That said, for the most part it was fast skiing.

Not too many people up at the north end of the Park. Those I did come across were all smiling tho'. Sunny skis are always a nice experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that sunny bench is buried by tonight's snowfall.