Sunday, March 04, 2007

Norway day


Norway day
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
Today was bar none the best ski day I've had this season. The snow was, well,.... actually snow!!! Grooming was immaculate and the weather was just about perfect. I skated from MacKenzie King up to the lookouts and did a few loops along Ridge before stopping in to Huron shelter.

It was Norway day today which means good eats served up by the Norwegian Embassy. I got there before the big crowds so I didn't have to wait too long for vaffels with jam and goats cheese along with black current tea. A tasty treat that was the perfect refueling stop before my ski back to the car. The crowds were starting to come out in force so I took my leave and headed down Ridge to the parkway. Lots more folks skiing up to Huron so I guess they had another successful event.

The ski back to Mac King was pretty quiet. It's a little bit of a lonelier track with few intersecting trails and a bit of distance to any of the parking lots. It was such a nice day though so I was glad to have it to myself. Skiing on actual snow was a little more difficult then some of the hard, icy track we've had this season. Takes a litte more out of you to maintain your speed and the climbs seem a little longer but its all worthwhile when the snow is so nice.

1 comment:

Tripper said...

Having opted out of the adventure for a family ski, I'm almost afraid to ask... Did the hot Norwegian syrup pouring girls make another appearance? Umm, on second thought just email me the pictures.