Sunday, April 01, 2007


last ski

Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
I went for what will probably be the last ski this season on Saturday morning. It was a beautiful day and the snow - where I could find it - was great but the walks between sections of snow had grown surprisingly long overnight. I stuck to the Parkways and enjoyed the warm sunshine. Not a great ski but a nice day to be out regardless. Lots of people up enjoying the day with a little skiing and then partaking in Lafleurs' (farewell) season ending picnic. Lafleur won't be back next year so their expert grooming will be missed - hopefully the new contractor can fill their big shoes.

Today was mostly overcast and rainy so I took the rock skis in and cleaned them up ready for next year (or Easter weekend if we get a sudden 2 ft dump of snow... it could happen!).

Pictured is one of the poorer sections of snow. The skis were willing but the owner is perhaps turning his thoughts to the next season. Mud season will perhaps limit the amount of climbing to be done for a little while but the bike has been lonely... and there's this event I'm involved in just 8 weeks away which should fill my time.

1 comment:

Tripper said...

I can't imagine x-c skiing when the snow has already melted from the hills. In fact, by the time you'd snapped this pic I had already cleaned out my garage, hung the family skis in the rafters, and was riding my bike to the gas station to pump up. All the power to you Kenmore!

And what's the "next event" you have planned?