Saturday, December 08, 2007

One of those days...


Wattsford Lookout
Originally uploaded by kenmores
I went out and did a long ski today. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, the skis were fast, the snow was good.... and I felt like I was made of lead. None of my muscles showed the slightest interest in forward motion from the moment I clipped into my skis. No amount of coaxing could get them into action. I tried to do a bit of a warm up to see if I'd loosen up and feel better - no dice. In fact, by the time I realized it wasn't going to go well I was commited to a long loop. Shorter(almost) to go forward then back. So the slog was on. One of those days I suppose.

It was a truly beautiful day (this didn't cheer me up ;-) and there were lots of people out and about enjoying the fresh snow. The tracks were reasonably groomed with just a little fresh snow from last night on top of the groomed track. Speaking of(the track), I'm hearing grumblings from various sources that the new contractor isn't providing good grooming - either in a timely fashion or in terms of quality. I think folks were a little spoiled with the past years superlative grooming by Lafleur. I agree that things have been a little "off" but remain confident that the new contractor will pull things together. They got a lot of snow much earlier than expected and I'm sure they are working out some of the bugs in the system. I give them a solid "B" for the work they've done so far. Room to improve - which can also be said for my ski today. I'm sure a big bowl of pasta and a good nights rest will improve things on the trails tomorrow.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Is that the bench at the bottom of suicide hill coming up from P7?

Kenmore said...

Indeed. It has a heck of a good view on a nice day.