Saturday, December 05, 2009

Heading home


Sweet tracks
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Well that's it. After a week of skiing its time to pack up and head home. The snow here has been superb (and things are looking grim back home) so it proved a fortuitous trip indeed. When I think back just a few months ago - when I broke my foot - I didn't think I would be skiing so soon or to such an extent. After 6 days and close to 25 hours on the boards I'm quietly pleased with the progress. Oh, a little vitamin I was consumed to be sure but on the whole the foot performed well. This ski camp was a bit of a departure for me. Not sure I would do it again. It was a lot of fun but I found it to be a little too much of the same thing day in and day out. My usual M.O. would be to ski a few different places in the same period of time. Still the price was right so it was hard to refuse. That said, the skis are coated in travel wax, bags are packed.... so tomorrow I head for home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All that awesome skiing has been excellant practice for...roller skiing back here!