Monday, November 03, 2008

Sunny Sunday


ski hut
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Okay, so the snow didn't last. I still got 2 skis in before it faded from sight. Some skied a little more but - unlike spring time - I felt no strong urge to hunt for pockets of good snow while walking miles through slush and ice. The "serious" snow will be here soon (like Nov 18;-) so in the meantime its back to preseason activities. The weekend was actually quite nice with sunny skies and cool temperatures (but not cool enough to keep the snow). I went for a long walk on Sunday in the park - starting with a little hill work at Camp Fortune before heading off onto the trails to explore the woods. The main trails were crazy busy with hikers of all sorts out enjoying the fall weather but stepping onto the side trails I soon had the woods to myself. Today it is rainy and gray so I think I'll relax but the rest of the week looks warm and sunny so I should be able to get back on the roller skis. The snow will soon come, ready or not , so I'm opting for the former and getting some miles in now in preparation.

No comments: