Wednesday, February 14, 2007


A walk in the woods - borrowed from J. Holden
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
A couple of the steeper sections of the trail - particularly as we approached Montebello and the Ottawa river - had really low snow. This required you to take off the skis and walk for a few hundred meters here or there. It was a chance to use different muscle groups so it wasn't too bad. I'm told the CSM trail crews actually "tore up" what little snow there was in these sections in order to force people to walk these stretches. Better to be safe then have a lot of injuries.

I skied all the sections on Saturday (70km) and then decided to avoid these low snow sections the next day so I only did the last 2 stretches for 30k on Sunday. Not sure if I could have done the whole thing anyway on Sunday. I was pretty sore when I woke up in the morning but once I got moving things were okay. Still it was a long second day so I was glad with my decision.

This photo is borrowed from the "musician on skis" (check out her site in the sidebar). I took a number of photos but my small camera managed to "mangle" about half of them. Probably the last time I use it for special events. Had I known what it had done I probably would have tossed it in the river as I took the Rockland ferry back home Sunday night. Ah well, camera shopping soon.

No comments: