Sunday, February 25, 2007

Champlain lookout


Champlain lookout
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
This weekend I took some time to enjoy skiing the trails. I headed in to the Park with no real plan and took trails that looked (or I knew) would be appealing. I skied a little of Ridge, all of Burma, some of the racing loops at Fortune and a few other sundry trails. All good fun. Actually I was reminded that - even though March is just around the corner - I haven't really skied too many of the smaller trails this year. There just hasn't been the snow - and in fact the side trails are still a little light in areas so you have to watch out for the odd rock, divot or water hazard here or there. I found the short steep climbs to be really taxing on the lungs but nothing slowing the tempo down can't solve. Left my watch at home and didn't worry about distance or time - a real treat after stressing about being ready for CSM for the first half of the season. The temperature climbed to -2C today with the sun starting to flex its muscle a little bit. Felt warm - nice to enjoy the sun but I expect it will mean an early end to the snow.... still a few weeks left tho'. Time for a few great outings.

No comments: