Sunday, March 26, 2006

The winding trail


The winding trail
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
A nice little section of trail 3. Everything was well groomed and the conditions were fast and easy. I did a lap of the Parkway and then tacked on a pass down Burma. Made for some nice skiing. The Parkway is a little boring but you can get some nice long stretchs to work on endurance and pacing. Burma on the other hand is a fun fast rollercoaster. Maintaining your momentum to carry speed off the downhills and into the next uphill is the key.

By next weekend the conditions will likely be pretty thin but I'll go give it a try and see how it goes. Lafleur "customer appreciation" day at Lac Phillipe next Saturday so I should drop by there... even if I have to walk in!

Another long ski tomorrow morning. I'm gonna make a run for the firetower - barring any large wild dogs - and then I think I'll pack up the good skis. Should be able to get a few skis in on the backup and rock skis before I call it quits for another year.

No comments: