Sunday, February 19, 2006

the string of racers


the string of racers
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
A final shot from the Keskinada. Once all the elite skiers speed by, the string of racers just keeps coming. I think there were 500 (+/-) racers in the 53 km event. By this point (~40km) they've become a great big string of humanity through the trails of the Park. The day had actually become quite nice by this point and I was going to go skiing myself.... but everywhere I turned there were ski racers plugging along and I didn't want to get in their way. Instead I went home and watched the Daytona 500!! Tomorrow I should have the Park all to myself to go skiing. All these folks will surely take a rest day... maybe two!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was surfing the net loking for some snow ski cartoons and I came upon your site and I was impressed by the quality of content you have. Keep up the awesome job. I will be bookmarking you right now.