Monday, March 23, 2009

Warm days


Warm days
Originally uploaded by kenmores
I got a good ski in on Sunday. Sadly I had to work on Saturday so I missed out on the really warm sunny day this weekend - but I rarely have to work on weekends so no complaints. Sunday was a little cooler, never making it above zero.... you know, kinda winterlike. The trails were in pretty good shape considering the weather we've had. The climb up from P7 was a bit dirty but once on top the track was groomed and had a nice texture to it. Even though it was cold, the sun worked its magic turning the top of the track into a nice velvety corn while the base stayed firm and fast. I skied a ways out Ridge and then back via the parkways. The lookouts are starting to show a lot of exposed asphalt but they're always the first to go with their southern exposure. It was surprising to me how the parkways deteriorated pretty quickly since my Friday ski. Still pretty good but some of the hills have become pretty icy (no yellow line peeking through the ice yet though). From Black Lake hill I made the short jaunt across trail 8 back to P7. A few of the creeks have opened up so I may be the last one to ski across there this year. Warm days this week and rain forecast for the weekend could spell the end of the season. March may be going out like a lion.... but it looks like it will be a wet, grumpy lion. Long range forecasts suggest some snow in April. Might be a little too late - fingers crossed though.

No comments: