Thursday, March 26, 2009

Skiing in the rain


Still good coverage at P10
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Another morning ski today. This time a light drizzle was falling and temperatures never really fell below freezing overnight. That meant no grooming (too wet) although the groomer garages were a beehive of activity when I drove past (spring chores before parking the groomers for the summer?). In fact the worst part of the ski was the drive up. With the drizzle falling the road surface was just cold enough for a thin layer of ice to form and I skidded a few times on the road boosting my adrenaline before I had even strapped on the skis. No one in P10 this morning but the trails were actually pretty nice. No big ruts from yesterday’s skiers and the base had frozen (from the bottom up) overnight so skiing was fast and effortless. I did a short tour up to the lookouts where the snow stopped and then dodged back into the woods to loop 1A and 1B before heading back down to the lot. One other car pulled in as I was taking my ski boots off. I guess not too much excitement to ski in the rain today... but too soon the snow will be gone so I’ll try to ski a few more times before packing the skis away.

No comments: