Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring time


Burma road
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Today was pretty much a carbon copy of yesterday. Glorious sunshine, great trails... maybe a little less wind but all in all a great chance to be out on the skis. I skied out from P10 again. Strangely there was no grooming today so yesterdays ruts and slush on the Parkway were pretty choppy but still skiable. Surprisingly Ridge road was in excellent shape. I skied out to the Wolf trail and the track was solid, wide and beautiful to ski. Lots of folks out making a last, long ski of the season to the firetower. Having just been there a couple of days ago I opted to turn back and take some more sun at Brule lookout before taking one more ski down Burma road. Burma was still skiable but the couple of muddy gaps were noticably wider than yesterday. Tomorrow its going to rain... a bunch :( That will likely eat significantly into the snow on the Parkways but Ridge road might survive. That'll mean a bit of walking to get to some skiing... but the more hardy souls won't be phased. I think tomorrow I'll clean up my good skis and put on some storage wax for the season. I'll still keep a couple of pairs of rock skis ready by the door though, just in case...

3 comments:

Michael said...

According to the radio, friday was the last day for grooming in the park.

Kenmore said...

Well the official NCC press release says Sunday is the last day... http://www.xcottawa.ca/articles.php?id=1301

But I don't expect they'll be out tomorrow in the rain, so Friday it is.

Tripper said...

I think I'll have to give up hoping for one last dump of snow to fall and extend the season. Time to kick the squirrel's nests out of the canoe.