Thursday, June 03, 2010

Race Weekend Wrap Up

elites streak by

Well, another Race Weekend is in the bag and from all reports things went off smoothly. This year certainly had its challenges. More so than the past number of years it seems but all in all we managed. Certainly Glendon and I parked on the MacDonald Cartier bridge at 4am fastening carpet over the expansion joints will rank right up there as one of the more surreal “what exactly am I doing here” moments in my life… but I suppose those moments are part of the entertainment that brings me back year after year. As usual there was just too much going on all weekend for me to pull out my camera much. This year I managed exactly two photos in brief lulls in my agenda but so it goes. Now - with my head freed of the 12,000 details I need to keep track of and all 40,000 of my closest friends safely home - I can start to think about heading off to the woods for some peace and quiet.

Planning for next year doesn’t start until at least next week ;-)
Half way home

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am up for MacNaughton!

Kenmore said...

Ouch! My fitness level isn't quite up to yours yet for these "marathon" hikes. I'm still at the 10-12 milers but little by little I'm getting there...