Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Too much of a good thing?


Taylor lake stream
Originally uploaded by kenmores
There has been some awesome skiing since the big storms came through last week. I've been skiing almost everyday in all kinds of conditions - storms, sun, clouds, rain... we've had a little of it all. In fact, I've skiied so much I may have picked up a bug of some kind and am feeling a little wiped out these days. Time to take a rest day or two to recover.... but the spring is charging fast and I don't want to let the good snow go to waste! Add to that its still daylight after work so I want to get skiing while the chance is here. Ah well, perhaps better to stay (get?) well rather than overdo it and miss out on the spring ski season. We have a LOT of snow so I expect the skiing should be good for some time.

I skied around the Lac Phillipe area on Sunday which was (appropriately) sunny. The sun has certainly gained some strength in the last couple of weeks and the trails were feeling its rath. Conditions were snowy in the shade and icy where the sun got to it. Made for tricky waxing. Probably would have been a great day to skate but I chose otherwise so you have to "run with what ya brung". It was still a beautiful day to be out and I found a few (windfree) spots to enjoy the spring sunshine.

2 comments:

Tripper said...

Was April 14th your last ski day for 2007? I think you may just break that record this year. Count me in on the adventure.

Kenmore said...

Yeah we have a good base so the skiing should be good well into April.... of course Mother nature can always have a few tricks up her sleeve so one never knows.