Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring!


Fresh tracks
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Spring may have arrived but it still looks a lot like winter. I got out on a Good Friday to get a little skiing in. Still not feeling great but I wanted to take in a little of the snow today so just a short ski. We got a bit of rain through the week so the tracks were decidely icy (even with the fresh grooming) but not so much so that it wasn't fun. It was probably a great day to skate but I inexpilcably brought my classic skis... which was pretty nice too. The icy snow was pretty abrasive though so I had to stop a few times to reapply wax which was quickly stripped off the skis. I even took some time to do some crust cruising through the woods as the snow (with this weeks rain) had frozen up nicely. This meant no more trails required... just point and go - sweet.

No comments: