Monday, December 24, 2007

Almost Christmas


Christmas lights
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Been skiing a lot over the last week since the big storm. The conditions and tracks have been really good but for the most part the days have been dull grey and not particularly conducive(inspiring?) to picture taking. Sunday we got a lot of rain (a whole lot) so I stayed home. It looked a little too perfect for getting hypothermia with cold rain falling. In the evening we got a flash freeze so I ventured out in the afternoon today to see what the trails would be like. The sun was even out this morning but by the time I got out to the trails it had clouded over and started to snow again. The trails weren’t in bad shape (after the rain and freeze) but were nothing spectacular. I chose to skate as I expected the tracks to be hard and icy – and they were. The old grooming contractor often worked magic in prepping the trails after challenging weather to turn them into extraordinary tracks… the new contractor…ummm, not so much… but it was okay and they've improved a lot lately so I'm not complaining. I’m hopeful that tomorrow I’ll be able to get a good Christmas ski in the morning. With luck I can get up there before the crowds arrive with their new skis, new mitts, new toques etc. (not that I’m averse to new gear… hoping for a little of that myself) At any rate tomorrow should be good - the sun is even reported to make a brief appearance. Haven’t seen the sun in a while so it will be good to be confirm that it actually still exists.

No comments: