Friday, November 30, 2007

New season(almost), new skis, new snow


fresh powder
Originally uploaded by kenmore photos
All seems to be right with the world right now. The threats of warmer weather and rain to wash away the snow have for the most part not come to pass. In fact a lot of the forecasted rain has turned into snow. Today it rained for a little bit at lunch time but by the time I headed up to the hills there was a nice soft dry layer of powder snow on the ground..... who woulda guessed?!

I've been skiing as much as I can over the last week. Last night I took the new pair of skis out for a test run along with the camera. They worked pretty well in spite (or perhaps because?) of the fresh snow. I'll have to try them in a few other conditions to see where they shine the best but for the most part I'm happy with the purchase right out of the box. December starts tomorrow.... its shaping up to be a great ski year.

No comments: