Sunday, July 22, 2007

River sunset


River sunset
Originally uploaded by kenmore photos
Progress goes slowly on recovery from the sprained ankle. I seemed to gain some initial mobility quickly (perhaps as the swelling went down) but now things have plateaued - perhaps as the real healing gets underway. I have no rotation possible in my ankle so I don't think I'll go hiking for a while. I can walk almost normally until I have to turn a corner.... and then I'm forced to kind of hop in the way your car would without a differential. I have managed to go riding a little bit - nice to get off the couch. The only problem so far in riding is getting my cleats into my pedals which requires a twisting motion of the foot.... When I came back from todays ride I just took my shoe off - still clipped in to the pedal - but I suppose that's not ideal should I want to stop somewhere along the way. In the meantime I'll take what I can get.

Stopped along the river pathway to get some nice shots of the sun setting on Friday - of which this is one. Managed to remember to a) bring my camera, b) insert a memory card, c) insure battery was charged up, and d) focus... so perhaps I've overcome my bad "photo luck" of late.

No comments: