Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Canada Day

After the big hike, the rest of the weekend was pretty relaxed. I headed back up to my friends cottage near Maniwaki to partake in some campfire time and enjoy the fireworks. There was also a concerted effort to catch "General Sherman" (as pictured). As of this posting he remains.... at large.

Of course there are no freebies in life and the next morning - having enjoyed the camp fire and fireworks - I was once again put to work . This time designing and laying the groundwork for a concrete staircase to be built for access to the new dock (which I was put to work on during my last visit). When it became clear that there were insufficient supplies to actually start pouring concrete I took the opportunity to head for home..... concreting will have to wait until next time.

No comments: