Sunday, June 24, 2007

Mt. Pitchoff


Mt. Pitchoff
Originally uploaded by kenmore photos
Took off from work at noon on Friday. It was a little later then I had hoped so I didn't get down to the Dacks in time for a 4000fter hike. In the end that was okay as there was still some rainy weather pushing through and a big hike would have resulted in no views from the high peaks. I opted instead for Mt. Pitchoff which is a nice little ridgeline walk (after a steep climb to the ridge). I climbed up with intermittent rain falling. Under the tree cover I was able to keep mostly dry. Even spent a few minutes ducked under a big fir tree keeping dry while a heavy shower passed. Finally I spotted a dry patch and went up onto the ridge to enjoy a mostly dry walk to the summit and a nice sunset on the way back. Back at the car I headed to camp to prepare my gear for the next days trek.

No comments: