Friday, March 20, 2009

Morning ski


Nice fresh tracks
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Went for a ski this morning before work. The parkway loop was nicely groomed so I did a lap. As I skied I could hear groomers working off to the sides renovating other trails so their should be some nice skiing this weekend. For the most part the parkways were in good shape. No asphalt peeking out yet and only a few icy spots to contend with. If the current weather continues we should get skiable snow until April but some more rainy days or hot weather could wash it all away. The long range forecast doesn't seem to suggest a late season dump of snow, but I remain hopeful. Parking at P10 I saw one other skier as I started and no one else until I looped past P8 where a few other skiers were getting set. While I skied the loop alone, I did have one set of ski tracks on the fresh corduroy to follow. Someone was out earlier than I it seems and had set a nice pace to follow. Left me forever peering around the next bend to see if I was catching them... but I remained (as is often the case) forever chasing.

No comments: