Sunday, May 18, 2008

Long Weekend


Open for business
Originally uploaded by kenmores
Got out and did a little riding this weekend now that the trails are "open for business". Took some time to enjoy a little calm before the storm that is the week ahead. The weather this weekend was predicted to be a bit of a mixed bag. Rain here and there and cooler temps. Turned out to be not as bad as predicted but still we got some rain. I guessed wrong on Saturday and rode for a couple of hours in a cold rain (missed the hail storms in the evening though!). Not my favourite conditions to ride but it was still nice to be back on the trails again.

Sunday I had better luck and rode under sunny skies and warmer weather. Tomorrow - holiday Monday - is supposed to be equally rainy (or not!) so I'll play it by ear and see what comes. The one drawback to todays ride is that the blackflies are starting to make their presence known. They were clouding around me when I stopped but for the most part they hadn't figured out what to do with me yet so no biting action. Next weekend could be a bit ugly up in the park as the blackflies figure out their purpose in (their brief) life and start to maul anything that moves.... fortunately I have my hands full with other plans next weekend so that won't be a worry for me.

1 comment:

Michael said...

The black flies are sure out in force and I was in a windy location in the park.