Monday, June 18, 2007

Evening ride


Evening ride
Originally uploaded by kenmore photos
Did a little riding this weekend. I had originally thought I might head back to the Adirondacks to add another climb…. but when the alarm went at 4:30am I just didn’t have it in me to climb out of bed so I (quickly) decided that (after a little more sleep) I’d go for a ride instead. It was a little warm this weekend. The heat of summer has begun but it wasn’t too bad from a humidity standpoint so not too oppressive. Bugs were out in force. I stopped for a short break last week on an evening ride and was immediately mauled by mosquitoes and deerflies. As long as I was moving it was okay but there were no breaks after that. The photo is from an evening ride last week. We got hit with a short heavy rainfall but it passed by quickly. After I got to the car there was a lot of mist coming off the hot pavement and it made for a nice shot.

No comments: