Sunday, August 27, 2006

indian falls


indian falls
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
I stopped at Indian Falls to have lunch. I had it mostly to myself which is a rare treat. A few people stopped by but they didn't stay long. I pumped a couple of bottles of water and enjoyed the view for 45 minutes or so. A great spot. Many years ago Mark and I camped here and cooked dinner on the rocks above the Falls. Unfortunately they don't allow camping at this spot any more. Too heavy an impact on this fragile environment I suppose. You can still see the camp sites clearly in the woods along the trail. At one point - long before my time - there were also leantos here. I guess Mother nature will close up those clearings over time and return them to the dense forest that surrounds this area.

After lunch I headed down to the Avalanche camps, back to the Dam and out to the car. I debated heading up Colden as it was only 1pm and the mountain is really close from here but with my back issues I decided not to press my luck. Another excuse to come back to this gorgeous area...

No comments: