Monday, January 07, 2008

An extra ski.


the T... I think
Originally uploaded by kenmores
I got a bonus this morning. When I got to work - they were closed. Seems a power sub-station fire had knocked out the power to the whole campus - so they sent us home. After a long day of skiing on Saturday, and another long ski on Sunday.... I opted to go skiing today.

The January thaw started in earnest on Sunday and was still with us today. Temp's in the +5C range and occasional light rain. There was also a heavy fog throughout the region. The fog made for errie conditions and occasional scrambles to get back to the right hand side of the trail as skiers periodically came lofting out of the fog towards me. The trails have held up nicely so far. I skated on Sunday on a solid track.

Today things were a little squishy but still pretty good. I broke out the new classic waxless skis that I bought this past summer. I fully intended to use them on warm March and April days when the slushy snow called for a gooey klister wax (something I prefer to avoid)... but when the January "thaws" hit, why let these skis go to waste. They performed flawlessly giving me great grip and I'd waxed them with a yellow glide so they slide really well too.

Tonight it is raining... hard. Rain called for Tuesday to. Sometime Wednesday or Thursday the temp should drop again to more winter like conditions... and I'm sure there will still be some snow around at that point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken,

Had to love that power outage and day off! If only I had known before 9am, I would have stayed in the park longer. As it was I took a nap instead.

Kenmore said...

Taking a nap is an important step in the process. You gotta recover properly before the next outing. Would that I could take more weekday naps... but the boss might frown on that. As it was I got in my ski - and then had an afternoon nap so this was the best of both worlds.