Friday, May 18, 2007

Evening ride


Evening ride
Originally uploaded by kenmore_photos.
The mountain bike trails are open once again for another season of riding. I grabbed the bike after work and went up for a ride. I've been riding on the road a little bit this spring but facing the short but very steep pitches of mountain bike trails is always a bit of a struggle first time out of the box. I managed to ride up everything (sometimes pretty slowly) but I didn't go for the truly steep trails (not yet at least). I'll get a few more rides under my belt before I go for the steep and deep trails. It was actually surprisingly cool out tonight. Single digit temperatures seem to have discouraged the bugs completely which was a nice treat. Two weeks ago they were getting pretty active but the cold has curtailed their activity. Stopped at the Wattsford lookout to take a picture of the evening light spreading over the city in the distance.

No comments: